Heard a preview of Brian Fallon's new band, The Horrible Crowes, today, sounds like it's gonna be an amazing album, have to wait until September for the release though. Until then will have to make do with continuing my obsession with Gaslight Anthem.
Definitely deserve a much worse hangover than I have today, drank an unnecessary amount for a quiet night at the pub last night. Still woke up at 7am feeling not too bad, my sleeping patterns are that of a person working 9 to 5, bit useless when my days are mostly spent inside with the inconvenience of a broken ankle. Has meant that I get far too excited about small outings though, everything feels like such a novelty. Got a day out at a manor house and gardens with my family tomorrow for my sisters birthday, definitely something that would have been a chore in the past, and I'm now really quite looking forward to.
I know I said this injury was just plain depressing despite any silver linings, but there are actually a lot of things that have come from this which I wouldn't have achieved if I'd just continued the way I was going. Yes, it completely stopped me living a normal life for a couple of months, and still does to some extent, but I've managed to practically quit smoking, from a 30 a day habit, cut down my drinking drastically, and save quite a lot of money.
And, when it comes down to it, things could have been a lot worse.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment